Agenda – Accessibility/Usability Assessment Tool Requirements, Review and Recommendations Team (ATR)
April 25, 2012 – 10:00-11:00 Union South
Team members: √ Judy Caruso, √ Chris Arndt, Lee Conrad, √ Gary DeClute, √ John Graham, Dan Jacobsohn, Ryan Kirk, √ Carrie Nelson, √ Vince Rose, √ Casey Schacher, √ Todd Schwanke, Eric Simons, √ Jennifer Sutherland, √ Joyce Tikalsky, Phyllis Triege, √ Peter Weill
- Meet and greet
- Review charter and make updates
See changes to charter
- Review what is currently occurring and has been done in the past
- DoIT has 15,000 web pages. Needs a tool.
- Reviews of HiSoftware and SoftSite (handout)
- CIC CIO web accessibility group
- IT Strategic plan include web accessibility
- Decide on meeting schedule and next steps
For next meeting:
Discuss goals of assessing web accessibility.
- Organize as broad goals and more specific sub-goals.
- Decide which to work on.
- Bring copies of the campus policy
Accessibility and usability are not synonymous.
- Ask Phyllis to define “accessibility” and “usability”.
- May want to delete references to “usability” in the charter.
Meet every two weeks. Next meeting, May 17, 10:00-11:00 Union S. (location tentative) Create an email list for easy communications with the team.
- Other? Some thoughts for future reference
Scope is “anything that comes through a browser”
- includes applications as well a web pages
- mobile devices (will need to call on expertise for this)
Break scope down into cases and prioritize. The campus policy may be helpful for this.