NOTES: Agenda - Accessibility/Usability of IT Coordinating Group (Coordinating Group)
February 21, 11:00-12:00, Union South
Team members: Judy Caruso, Gary DeClute, John Graham, Kathy Konicek, Carrie Nelson, Casey Schacher, Todd Schwanke, Joyce Tikalsky, Phyllis Treige, Pe ter Weil.
Guest: Laura Grady
- Quality Showcase – poster session – March 20. Proposals are due 2/4
Review poster and handouts. Also, decide who is going to staff the booth.
Laura was out so we discussed the Checkpoints document for a handout. We also agree on these times for staffing the poster: 7:30-8:00 Gary DeClute for setup; 8:00-9:00 Gary DeClute and Peter Weill; 9-10 Casey Schacher and Phyllis Treige; 10-11 Todd Schwanke and John Graham. Judy can fill in as needed or at least show up at 11 for takedown.
- Updating the Web Accessibility Policy (Judy) http://www.wisc.edu/policies/wwwap.php
Gary has put this into our IT Policy format.
Delayed to our next meeting.
- Discussion of Training – PDF accessibility, Office Suite, Instructional Materials, etc.
Discussed training focused on specific technologies and/or specific target audiences. We decided on these training-needs breakdown: 1. Business document creators, 2. Campus designers/media creators, 3. Multi-media creators; 4. Web developers.
- Brainstorm next activities/to-dos
- Next team meeting is March 7
- Other items