NOTES - Agenda - Accessibility/Usability of IT Coordinating Group (Coordinating Group)
April 18, 11:00-12:00, Middleton Bldg
Team members: Judy Caruso, Gary DeClute, John Graham, Kathy Konicek, Carrie Nelson, Casey Schacher, Todd Schwanke, Joyce Tikalsky, Phyllis Treige, Pe ter Weil.
- Teaching and Learning Symposium in May (All) (5 min)
Judy reported that she missed this one
- Accessing Higher Ground Conference in Nov. Bruce has agreed to fund 50% of cost of a web-developer/IT professional. What do you think? (Judy) (5 min)
- Prioritize work for the next few months: Policy, training, awareness, etc. (All) (20 min)
Decided to figure this out by creating a plan at our next meeting. We identified at least these audiences: website developers, web/mobile apps developers, web content creators. We also debated what should be the focus of the policy? We identified at least 4 possibilities (with some combo of them possible) for the Policy focus: 1. All IT accessibility; 2. Web Pages; 3. Web Apps; 4. Web Content
Phyllis and Gary will talk to folks in DoIT Communications to see if there is someone available to help with creating a communications/awareness/training plan.
- Policy update (All) (30 min)
Review what Gary found out about Mobile Policies at other institutions
Update policy http://www.wisc.edu/policies/wwwap.php
Gary has put this into our IT Policy format.
- Training – DoIT Accessibility training and awareness materials (if we get to this)
At our last meeting we agreed to have this just transferred to the new content management system. How do we want to organize this?
- Next team meeting is May 16
- Other items