Agenda - Accessibility/Usability of IT Coordinating Group (Coordinating Group)
May 16, 11:00-12:00, Union South
Team members: Judy Caruso, Gary DeClute, John Graham, Kathy Konicek, Carrie Nelson, Casey Schacher, Todd Schwanke, Joyce Tikalsky, Phyllis Treige, Pe ter Weil.
- Review work from last meeting and continue working on Communications/awareness/training plan (All) (45 min) –
From our April mtg:
Prioritize work for the next few months: Policy, training, awareness, etc. (All) (20 min)
Decided to figure this out by creating a plan at our next meeting. We identified at least these audiences: website developers, web/mobile apps developers, web content creators. We also debated what should be the focus of the policy? We identified at least 4 possibilities (with some combo of them possible) for the Policy focus: 1. All IT accessibility; 2. Web Pages; 3. Web Apps; 4. Web Content
Phyllis and Gary will talk to folks in DoIT Communications to see if there is someone available to help with creating a communications/awareness/training plan.
Create a plan activities:
- Identify goal for audience (including communications, awareness, training)
- Identify the current level of awareness, compliance
- Identify message/etc. that work with audience to achieve goal
- Identify media that works for audience
- Decide methods for verifying our “identifications” so far
- Prioritize and figure out next steps
- Next team meeting is May 30. I think Peter is going to host?
- Other items