Agenda - Accessibility/Usability of IT Coordinating Group (Coordinating Group)
June 13, 11:00-12:00, at USouth
Team members: Judy Caruso, ✓ Gary De Clute, Kathy Konicek, ✓ Carrie Nelson, ✓ Casey Schacher, Todd Schwanke, ✓ Jim Skemp, Joyce Tikalsky, Phyllis Treige, ✓ Pe ter Weil.
- Review work from last meeting and continue working on Communications/awareness/training plan (All) (20 min) –
Finish the spreadsheets for the audiences with High priority. Only Vendors and Purchasing are left to do. Action: See updated sheet.
Review the “to dos” for the highest priority audiences and pick one where to begin. (40 min)
Should we create subgroups to work on some of it? (Judy recommends we just pick a spot to begin, clean up the spreadsheet, create a plan of action for the next 6-12 months and tell the sponsors)
Action: The group picked the following courses of action. The group did not decide whether or not break in subgroups for communications.
1. General awareness, across all audiences. Some ideas:
Share success stories via “Inside UW-Madison” electronic newsletter.
Articles in DoIT Tech News (e.g. when a tool is selected.)
Get CIO Communications involved (contact Laura Grady.)
Get University Communications involved (Bruce will need to discuss this with Amy and Tricia in order to get engagement.)
2. Add to existing forums, (e.g. ComETS, IT Policy Forum…)
Create 10 minute “Roadshow” that we can take to such forums.
Would need to customize it to the audience in the some cases.
3. Re-invigorate the interest group: “UW-Madison Access firstname.lastname@example.org ”
Find out who owns the list now.
Start posting short interesting messages.
4. Since ADA coordinator is now unassigned, it may be an opportunity to get it assigned to someone for whom is can be a larger portion of their job, or better yet, get the ADA coordinator a full time assistant.
- Next team meeting is June 27.
Action: Discuss IT Policy forum. (At forum, extend an invitation for Accessibility Coordinating Group to visit the unit – see #2.2 above – and invite people to join the list – see #2.3 above.) Co ntinue Communications discussion. Note: Casey and Carrie will be absent.
- Other items
For a copy of the Communications plan see either:
- The group's private Google Apps folder, (google docs format) or
- ITAccessCG Communications Plan (xlsx)