Please report any problems to the Shared Tools Team at st-help@doit.wisc.edu    Broken Links? Missing Macros? WIKI Retiring Plugins
Child pages
  • ITAccessCG Meeting 2013-11-14
Skip to end of metadata
Go to start of metadata

NOTES - Agenda -  Accessibility/Usability of IT Coordinating Group (Coordinating Group)

 

 

 

Nov 14, 11:00-12:00, at Union South

 

Team members:   Judy Caruso, Gary De Clute,  Matt Goins,  Andy Goldstein,  Jessica Jones,  Carrie Nelson,  Dan Nordstrom, Casey Schacher,  Todd Schwanke,   James Skemp,  Joyce Tikalsky,  Phyllis Treige, Pe ter Weil.

 

 

 

  1.       Accessing Higher Ground Virtual Conference. Feedback? Should we sponsor showings of some of the sessions?

 

Notes: Yes. Set up in Grainger. 23 different UW-Madison people attended. Thanks to Gary for overseeing this.

  1.       Last time we talked about at UW Communications article on the upcoming changes to Section 508. Let’s rethink. At the last meeting we talked about including history, Trace, Section 508a update, etc. It is on Judy’s list to talk to Peter Weil about UW Communications article. Did we (UW) celebrate Trace’s 40 th anniversary?

 

Notes: Judy will talk to Peter.

 

 

  1.       Bruce’s blog draft – our work is done. Judy will bring to Bruce.

 

Notes: Done. Judy gave to Bruce.

 

  1. Adobe Connect/teleconferencing – issue raised by Dan. What would we like to do?

 

Notes: Let’s discuss again when Dan is available.

 

  1. IT Policy Forum slides – Any volunteers?

 

Notes: Matt Goins volunteered but then was unable to do this. Todd graciously did this. Thanks Todd!

 

  1. Offer from NFB and work that Judy is doing

 

Notes: Mark Riccobono reached out to Bruce Maas and asked how they could help. Judy discussed with Cathy too. Judy prepared info for Bruce re. our efforts, CIC efforts, and how the NFB might help.

 

  1. Touching base with the Committee on Access and Accommodation in Instruction. This is a faculty governance committee chaired by Morton Gernsbacher (Psychology).

 

Notes: Both Judy and Katrina Forrest reached out to Dr. Gernsbacher. It is likely that Dr. Gernsbacher will attend the Dec 13 ITC meeting.

 

  1.       Next team meeting is Nov 28? No. Dec 12. This will be our last meeting in 2013. Should we celebrate our achievements?

 

No decision re. party.

 

  • No labels