NOTES - Agenda - Accessibility/Usability of IT Coordinating Group (Coordinating Group)
Dec 12, 11:00-12:00, at Union South
Team members: Judy Caruso, Gary De Clute, Matt Goins, Andy Goldstein, Jessica Jones, Carrie Nelson, Dan Nordstrom, Casey Schacher, Todd Schwanke, James Skemp, Joyce Tikalsky, Phyllis Treige, Pe ter Weil.
- We’ve been talking about at UW Communications article on the upcoming changes to Section 508. Let’s rethink. At the last meeting we talked about including history, Trace, Section 508a update, etc. It is on Judy’s list to talk to Peter Weil about UW Communications article. Did we (UW) celebrate Trace’s 40 th anniversary?
Notes: Judy talked to Peter and he can come to the Jan 9 mtg where we will discuss the Course Management templates.
- Adobe Connect/teleconferencing – issue raised by Dan. What would we like to do?
Notes: Item delayed until January.
- IT Policy Forum – FYI, Todd presented the update. There wasn’t discussion.
- Offer from NFB and work that Judy is doing – Still outstanding
- OQI’s Showcase and Teaching and Learning Symposium
Notes: We will work on this next year.
- Touching base with the Committee on Access and Accommodation in Instruction. This is a faculty governance committee chaired by Morton Gernsbacher (Psychology). Is this going to be at the Dec 13 ITC mtg?
Notes: Dr. Gernsbacher spoke at the Dec ITC mtg re. a survey they did of students and faculty.
- Team meetings haven’t been set for 2014. Should we continue to meet on Thursday at 11:00? When should our first Jan mtg be? Should we do a “2014 Plan”?
Upcoming dates (per Joyce’s advice!):
April 2 – OQI Showcase
Schedule: Poster to DoIT Graphics 2/15 or so
Poster to printer 3/15 or so
3/20 last day to submit poster idea to OQI
Teaching & learning symposium – May 19-20
Deadline for proposal Jan 24