Please report any problems to the Shared Tools Team at st-help@doit.wisc.edu    Broken Links? Missing Macros? WIKI Retiring Plugins
Child pages
  • ITAccessCG Meeting 2014-01-09
Skip to end of metadata
Go to start of metadata

NOTES -  Agenda -  Accessibility/Usability of IT Coordinating Group (Coordinating Group)

Jan 9, 11:00-12:00, at Rm 136 Rust Schreiner

 

Team members:   Judy Caruso, Steve Boldt, Gary De Clute,  Matt Goins,  Andy Goldstein,  Jessica Jones,  Carrie Nelson,  Dan Nordstrom, Casey Schacher,  Todd Schwanke,   James Skemp,  Joyce Tikalsky,  Phyllis Treige, Pe ter Weil.

 

 

  1.        Welcome to Steve Boldt, Div of Cont Studies. Introductions.

 

  1.        Content Mgmt systems and accessible/usable web templates – WordPress, Open Text, Drupal. How can we help out here? Get the word out? (Judy and others)

 

Notes: Group agreed to check out templates with (FAE?): 1. HTML (Peter); 2. Word Press? 3. Drupal (Dan); WiscWeb (Peter, Phyllis) Do we want to test for both 508 and WCAG?

  1.        We’ve been talking about at UW Communications article on the upcoming changes to Section 508. Let’s rethink. At the last meeting we talked about including history, Trace, Section 508a update, etc. Did we (UW) celebrate Trace’s 40 th anniversary? (Judy)

 

Notes: Judy will talk with Eileen Fitzgerald. She hasn’t done so

 

 

  1. Adobe Connect/teleconferencing – issue raised by Dan. What would we like to do? (Dan)

 

Notes: Need to add this to the Making Instructional Materials brochure

 

  1. CoMETs mtg – brochures – anything else? (Joyce)

 

  1. FYI – CIC ITAG mtg in Dec. Highlights? (Judy and Todd)

 

 

  1.        Tools team’s vendor presentations – anything to discuss here?

 

Notes: Some of the Coordinating team is planning on attending the presentations.

 

  1.        Teaching and Learning symposium – Deadline Jan 24. Do we want to submit proposal? What do we want to do for the OQI showcase?

 

Notes: need to work on this at our next mtg

 

Upcoming dates (per Joyce’s advice!):

April 2 – OQI Showcase

Schedule: Poster to DoIT Graphics 2/15 or so

     Poster to printer 3/15 or so

                           3/20 last day to submit poster idea to OQI

Teaching & learning symposium – May 19-20

Deadline for proposal Jan 24

 

Future meetings:

Unable to render {include} The included page could not be found.

  File Modified
Microsoft Word Document AccessCoordinatingAgenda20140109.docx Agenda Jan 27, 2014 by GARY W DECLUTE
Microsoft Word Document AccessCoordinatingAgenda20140109Notes.docx Notes Jan 27, 2014 by GARY W DECLUTE

 

  • No labels