NOTES - Accessibility/Usability of IT Coordinating Group (Coordinating Group)
Feb 20 11:00-12:00, at Union South
Team members: Judy Caruso, Steve Boldt, Gary De Clute, Matt Goins, Andy Goldstein, Jessica Jones, Carrie Nelson, Dan Nordstrom, Casey Schacher, Todd Schwanke, James Skemp, Joyce Tikalsky, Phyllis Treige, Pe ter Weil.
- Quality Showcase poster
- Laura, Gary, Judy work together on poster. Will try to bring a copy to the next meeting.
- Gary will work with tools team, asking for a handout on the tools (if that can be ready in time.) Will start on that process at the next meeting after the Feb 25 demos.
- Content Management Templates
- Gary will check if there are any templates without a volunteer to assess them. Carrie is willing to take one.
- Volunteers should send their results to Gary, who will enter them into the spreadsheet.
- See strategy document for follow up action.
- Teaching and Learning Symposium – Judy submitted on 1/24/2014
- On hold: We’ve been talking about at UW Communications article on the upcoming changes to Section 508. Let’s rethink. At the last meeting we talked about including history, Trace, Section 508a update, etc. Did we (UW) celebrate Trace’s 40 th anniversary? (Judy)
Action: Judy will talk with Eileen Fitzgerald.
See the OSU document. Should we update it for our use?
Action: Gary will check with OSU about permission to use the document.
Jessica mentions some items we deferred to this year. She will send them to Judy to include in future meetings.
Upcoming dates (per Joyce’s advice!):
April 2 – OQI Showcase
Schedule: Poster to DoIT Graphics 2/15 or so
Poster to printer 3/15 or so
3/20 last day to submit poster idea to OQI
Teaching & learning symposium – May 19-20
Deadline for proposal Jan 24