Please report any problems to the Shared Tools Team at st-help@doit.wisc.edu    Broken Links? Missing Macros? WIKI Retiring Plugins
Skip to end of metadata
Go to start of metadata

Agenda - Accessibility/Usability of IT Coordinating Group (Coordinating Group)

Apr 3, 2014, 11:00-12:00, at Union S.

  1. Agenda Review
     
  2. Tools Team status
    RFP continues. Now at "Best and final offer." Responses were due March 31.
    The Tools team is also evaluating FAE Auditor Edition (prototype)  This is not part of the RFP.
    See ITAccessTP Meeting 2014-03-06, and ITAccessTP Meetings 2014-03-20 for details.

  3. Quality Showcase – take-aways?

    See, for example: ITAccessCG Meeting 2015-04-03 Showcase Top Violations

    Notes: Poster session was very successful. People commented that they liked are poster. Comments included:  It's blue (many others were red) and it's simple (many others were dense.) We had plenty of volunteers. The subcommittee really pulled together. Thanks to:
    • Judy Caruso who wrote and submitted the proposal.
    • Laura Grady who sheperded through the poster design, and helped get us included in showcase.
    • Jess and Todd who edited and printed and brought the handouts.
    • Matt who brought and set up a printer for us to use
    • Phyllis, Todd, Matt, Jess and Gary who helped us at the booth.
    • Gary who coordinated the subcommittee.
     
    We had a lot of people ask us to check their site, and more would have asked but could not get to us quickly enough. There was only room for two PC's even though we had three (or more) available. The "Top violations" doc linked above is a summary of one person's impression of the mix of violations we found.

    Action: Completed.

     

  4. Teaching and Learning Symposium – May 19-20.
     
    Subcommittee status
     
    Action: Report Completed.
      
  5. Report to the sponsors
     
    Handouts:
    Group Charter
    Previous status report, accompanying plan
    Possible recommendations (see ITAccessCG Meeting 2014-03-20 notes)
     
    Action: Deferred to next meeting
     
  6. Content Management Templates. Progress check.

    Handout: Results so far

    Action: Evaluators should send their results to Gary, who will add them to the spreadsheet.

Future agenda items:

  • Discuss how to proceed further with OSU document.
  • Brainstorm "Resources to help developers and content providers to incorporate accesssibility into their existing processes"  
  • How to start approaching "mobile" accessibility. Invite Dave Schroeder to attend for that discussion.

Future Dates:

Furture meetings:

Unable to render {include} The included page could not be found.

Team Members:

MemberUnitMemberUnitMemberUnit
Sandi ArendalkowskiDoIT MarketingSteven BoldtDCSGary De CluteCIO Office
Brendon DybdahlHousingApril EbacherDoIT ADIRyan EngelLSS
Matt GoinsDoIT PTEAndy GoldsteinDoIT ATLaura GradyDoIT Marketing
Jamie GutkowskiDoIT ADIJohn HareDoIT EIS  
Jini JastiLaw SchoolHaley KerkhoffDCSAl NemecCALS
Jessie NemecLibraries

Casey Schacher

LibrariesTodd Schwanke, (co-chair)McBurney Center
James SkempBusinessGarrett SmithDoIT ATPhyllis TreigeDoIT Marketing
Nick WeaverUniv. MarketingPeter Weil (co-chair)Univ. Marketing  
Also attendingUnitAlso attendingUnitAlso attendingUnit
Phil JochimsenDoIT EISLee KonradLibraries  
vacant, (sponsor)CIO OfficeCathy Trueba, (sponsor)Office of Compliance  

Attachments:

  File Modified
PDF File Web Access Guidelines Design-2014-03-04.pdf Mar 25, 2014 by GARY W DECLUTE
Microsoft Word Document AccessCoordinatingTLS-Proposal20140124.docx Teaching and Learning Symposium Proposal Mar 25, 2014 by GARY W DECLUTE
Microsoft Word Document AccessTeamStatus20130607.docx 2013-06 status report to sponsors Mar 25, 2014 by GARY W DECLUTE
Microsoft Excel Spreadsheet ITAccessCoordPlan20130613UpdatedByPriority.xlsx 2013-06 Plan (part of the June status report) Mar 25, 2014 by GARY W DECLUTE

 

  • No labels