Please report any problems to the Shared Tools Team at st-help@doit.wisc.edu    Broken Links? Missing Macros? WIKI Retiring Plugins
Child pages
  • ITAccessCG Meeting 2014-05-15
Skip to end of metadata
Go to start of metadata

Agenda - Accessibility/Usability of IT Coordinating Group (Coordinating Group)

May 15, 2014, 11:00-12:00, at 136 Rust Schriener *

* Note the change of location for this meeting only. You can bring your lunch. The preceeding Tools Team meeting will be in the same room.

  1. Agenda Review
     
  2. Notes from previous meeting  
     
  3. Brief updates on past action:
    • Teaching and Learning Symposium (Joyce)
      Action: All set. Joyce will check on the poster, (visit Gary's office where it is stored.) We might need an additional handout, but the brochure is probably enough. We have lots of brochures.
    • Assessment of content management templates (Joyce or Todd)
      Action: Joyce will finish them up.
    • Tools Team (Gary)
      Action
      • Team is evaluating OAA Firefox extension, FAE 2.0, and FAE Auditor
      • Deadline for evaluations is middle of June
      • Team needs chairperson(s). Gary will ask if two members are willing to serve as co-chairs. The charter says that the chair should meet with the sponsors monthly to identify and address barriers. Judy (the former chair) was doing this as part of her regular meetings with Bruce. After we have co-chairs, we'll request a meeting of the chairs with Bruce, but expect that he will delegate this to someone else. At that point we will know who to go to and the chairs can meet regularly with Bruce's representative to discuss implementation barriers.
         
  4. Check in
       
  5. Liaison Reports:
    • CIC (Carrie)
      FYI: Jon Gunderson's group is called the "Open Web Accessibility Alliance"
      Carrie is chair of the CIC Web Accessibility Group
    • Unizin (Carrie)
    • Online Course Production and Delivery Committee (Todd)
    • eText (Carrie)
       
  6. Report to the sponsors
    Handouts: Questions:
    • At a high level, what are our greatest needs, as a team, or as a campus, that the sponsors might be able to address?
    • Subcommiteee to follow up?
       
    Action:
    • MTAG, AAIC and ITC are mentioned in the Coordinating Group charter. Question is, how do we coordinate with them?
      • MTAG is the CIO's advisorty group, so we would work through the CIO office.
      • ITC is the CIO/DoIT's shared governance advisory committee, so we would work through the CIO office for that as well.
      • We need to check on the status of AAIC.
    • A sub-committee of Todd, Joyce and Gary will work on a draft report. Joyce has some notes as a starting point.
        
  7. FAE 2.0 site crawling demo
    Action: Deferred.
     
  8. Future agenda items
     
  9. Communications
     

Future agenda items: (in no particular order)

  • Follow up with Garrett, re: 4/17 meeting (suggested at May 1, 2014 meeting)
  • Accessibility and Diversity are related, followup (suggested at May 1, 2014 meeting)
  • Proposal on how to organize future accessibility events. See: email exchange on the topic.
  • Organization of web accessibility guidelines and supporting material, (see meeting notes from March 20, 2014 through May 1, 2014 for history)
  • Brainstorm "Resources to help developers and content providers to incorporate accesssibility into their existing processes" (suggested at March 6, 2014 meeting) 
  • How to start approaching "mobile" accessibility. Invite Dave Schroeder to attend for that discussion (suggested at March 20, 2014 meeting)
  • Go over the implications of the new Wisconsin law on accessibile educational materials in higher education (suggested at April 17, 2014 meeting)

Future Dates:

  • Teaching and Learning Symposium – May 19-20, 2014, see: http://tlsymposium.wisc.edu/
  • June 30, 2014,  Target for a report to the sponsors.
  • September 30, 2014, Target for a report to the sponsors.
  • National Disability Employment Awareness Month – October, 2014, see http://www.dol.gov/odep/topics/ndeam/
  • Possible workshop sponsored by the Coordinating Group? – October, 2014?
  • Accessing Higher Ground conference – Nov 17-21, 2014, see: http://accessinghigherground.org/  
  • December 31, 2014, Target for a report to the sponsors.
  • Community of Educational Technology Support (ComETS) annual meeting – January, 2015, see: https://comets.wisc.edu/
  • Possible workshop sponsored by the Coordinating Group? – March, 2015?
  • March 31, 2015, Target for a report to the sponsors.
  • Showcase 2015? – April, 2015? – We have an idea already: Embedded Accessibility, or
  • Teaching and Learning Symposium – May, 2015? We have an idea already: Accessibile Course Materials: Content, Technology, and Process.
  • June 30, 2015, Target for a report to the sponsors. Continue from here every Sep 30, Dec 31, March 31, and June 30....

Furture meetings:

Unable to render {include} The included page could not be found.

Coordinating Group Members:

MemberUnitMemberUnitMemberUnit
Sandi ArendalkowskiDoIT MarketingSteven BoldtDCSGary De CluteCIO Office
Brendon DybdahlHousingApril EbacherDoIT ADIRyan EngelLSS
Matt GoinsDoIT PTEAndy GoldsteinDoIT ATLaura GradyDoIT Marketing
Jamie GutkowskiDoIT ADIJohn HareDoIT EIS  
Jini JastiLaw SchoolHaley KerkhoffDCSAl NemecCALS
Jessie NemecLibraries

Casey Schacher

LibrariesTodd Schwanke, (co-chair)McBurney Center
James SkempBusinessGarrett SmithDoIT ATPhyllis TreigeDoIT Marketing
Nick WeaverUniv. MarketingPeter Weil (co-chair)Univ. Marketing  
Also attendingUnitAlso attendingUnitAlso attendingUnit
Phil JochimsenDoIT EISLee KonradLibraries  
vacant, (sponsor)CIO OfficeCathy Trueba, (sponsor)Office of Compliance  

Attachments:

File Created Comment

AccessTeamStatus20130607.docx

May 08, 2014 14:03  

ITAccessCoordPlan20130613a.xlsx

May 08, 2014 14:03  

Contact

  • No labels