Please report any problems to the Shared Tools Team at st-help@doit.wisc.edu    Broken Links? Missing Macros? WIKI Retiring Plugins
Child pages
  • ITAccessCG Meeting 2014-05-29
Skip to end of metadata
Go to start of metadata

Agenda - Accessibility/Usability of IT Coordinating Group (Coordinating Group)

May 29, 2014, 11:00-12:00, Union S. (Check TITU)

  1. Agenda Review
    Added 1a. Introductions
     
  2. Notes from  previous meeting  
    Action: Send any edits to Gary.
     
  3. Scheduling more meetings? Just keep rolling forward?
    Action: OK.
     

  4. Brief updates on past action:
    • Teaching and Learning Symposium (Joyce, Casey, Matt, Gary)
      • Presented a poster on general accessibility. Made about two dozen contacts.
    • Assessment of content management templates (Joyce)
      • Joyce has sent the final two evaluations of the Google Apps templates to Gary, who will combine them with the other results.
    • Tools Team (Gary)
    • Report to sponsors (Joyce or Todd)
       
  5. Check in: A street view of accessibility May 15-29 (all)
       
  6. Liaison Reports (as available):
    • CIC (Carrie)
    • Unizin (Carrie)
    • Online Course Production and Delivery Committee (Steve Boldt)
    • eText (Carrie)
       
  7. FAE 2.0 site crawling demo (Phyllis)
    Action: Canceled.
     
  8. Future agenda items
     
  9. Communications, such as announcements to Listservs, Twitter, campus calendar, etc.
     

Future agenda items: (in no particular order)

  • Follow up with Garrett, re: 4/17 meeting (suggested at May 1, 2014 meeting)
  • Accessibility and Diversity are related, followup (suggested at May 1, 2014 meeting) Note: we made brief contact with Hazel Symonette at the T&LS on May 19.
  • Proposal on how to organize future accessibility events. See: email exchange on the topic.
  • Organization of web accessibility guidelines and supporting material, (see meeting notes from March 20, 2014 through May 1, 2014 for history)
  • Brainstorm "Resources to help developers and content providers to incorporate accesssibility into their existing processes" (suggested at March 6, 2014 meeting) 
  • How to start approaching "mobile" accessibility. Invite Dave Schroeder to attend for that discussion (suggested at March 20, 2014 meeting)
  • Go over the implications of the new Wisconsin law on accessibile educational materials in higher education (suggested at April 17, 2014 meeting)
  • Brainstorm how to build awareness of instructional content accessibility (suggested at May 29 meeting)

Future Dates:

  • June 30, 2014,  Target for a report to the sponsors.
  • September 30, 2014, Target for a report to the sponsors.
  • National Disability Employment Awareness Month – October, 2014, see http://www.dol.gov/odep/topics/ndeam/
  • Possible workshop sponsored by the Coordinating Group? – October, 2014?
  • Accessing Higher Ground conference – Nov 17-21, 2014, see: http://accessinghigherground.org/  
  • December 31, 2014, Target for a report to the sponsors.
  • Community of Educational Technology Support (ComETS) annual meeting – January, 2015, see: https://comets.wisc.edu/
  • Possible workshop sponsored by the Coordinating Group? – March, 2015?
  • March 31, 2015, Target for a report to the sponsors.
  • Showcase 2015? – April, 2015? – We have an idea already: Embedded Accessibility, or
  • Teaching and Learning Symposium – May 20-21, 2015. We have an idea already: Accessibile Course Materials: Content, Technology, and Process.
  • June 30, 2015, Target for a report to the sponsors. Continue from here every Sep 30, Dec 31, March 31, and June 30....

Furture meetings:

Unable to render {include} The included page could not be found.

Coordinating Group Members:

MemberUnitMemberUnitMemberUnit
Sandi ArendalkowskiDoIT MarketingSteven BoldtDCSGary De CluteCIO Office
Brendon DybdahlHousingApril EbacherDoIT ADIRyan EngelLSS
Matt GoinsDoIT PTEAndy GoldsteinDoIT ATLaura GradyDoIT Marketing
Jamie GutkowskiDoIT ADIJohn HareDoIT EIS  
Jini JastiLaw SchoolHaley KerkhoffDCSAl NemecCALS
Jessie NemecLibraries

Casey Schacher

LibrariesTodd Schwanke, (co-chair)McBurney Center
James SkempBusinessGarrett SmithDoIT ATPhyllis TreigeDoIT Marketing
Nick WeaverUniv. MarketingPeter Weil (co-chair)Univ. Marketing  
Also attendingUnitAlso attendingUnitAlso attendingUnit
Phil JochimsenDoIT EISLee KonradLibraries  
vacant, (sponsor)CIO OfficeCathy Trueba, (sponsor)Office of Compliance  

Attachments:

None

Contact

  • No labels