Please report any problems to the Shared Tools Team at st-help@doit.wisc.edu    Broken Links? Missing Macros? WIKI Retiring Plugins
Child pages
  • ITAccessCG Meeting 2014-07-24
Skip to end of metadata
Go to start of metadata

Agenda - Accessibility/Usability of IT Coordinating Group (Coordinating Group)

July 24, 2014, 11:00-12:00, Union S., Scholars (2nd floor)

  1. Agenda Review
     
  2. Notes from  previous meeting  – Send comments, updates to Gary.
     

  3. Tools Team (Phyllis or Gary)
     

  4. Brief updates on past action:
    • TBD. Action: for next meeting add Accessibility Staff proposal
       
  5. Check in: A street view of accessibility
       
  6. Liaison highlights (Joyce)
    • CIC – Carrie –
      • The vendor development group sent out a survey. We received it. Some of us on the coordinating group should respond. They are building a "vendor cookbook". Best practices will be spun off to another group.
      • FAE: John knows that people are interested in the enterprise tool (FAE Auditor Edition). 
    • Unizin – Carrie – Activity is focusing on Canvas.
    • CAUC – Phyllis – Working on a results of a survey. Awareness of "web accessibility" was lowest among types of accessibility.
    • MTAG – Liason will vary with who has attended recently.

      Other reports
    • Captioning contract (Todd or Phyllis)
      Action:
      • Getting feedback from community on existing contract. Planning some listening sessions.
      • Joyce investigated whether or not alt takes can be required in WiscWeb CMS. It is required by standard templates. It is more difficult to require it in custom templates. Even if required, can be satisfied with a space character.
           
  7. Accessibility staff person proposal
    Action: Formed a subcommittee: Carrie, Joyce, Phyllis, Todd
     
  8. Electronic Lab Notebooks
    Action:
    • Lab Archives has been selected. Asked them for a VPAT.
    • More generally: How do we work with vendors? – put on next agenda.
       
  9. Future agenda items
    Action: Two items to consider moving up into the agenda soon. Will discuss at chairs planning meeting next week:
    • Organization of web accessibility guidelines and supporting material, (see meeting notes from March 20, 2014 through May 1, 2014 for history)
    • Brainstorm "Resources to help developers and content providers to incorporate accesssibility into their existing processes" (suggested at March 6, 2014 meeting) 
       
  10. Communications, such as announcements to Listservs, Twitter, campus calendar, etc.

Liasons:

Future agenda items:

  • Accessibility and Diversity are related, followup (suggested at May 1, 2014 meeting) Note: we made brief contact with Hazel Symonette at the T&LS on May 19.
  • Proposal on how to organize future accessibility events. See: email exchange on the topic.
  • Organization of web accessibility guidelines and supporting material, (see meeting notes from March 20, 2014 through May 1, 2014 for history)
  • Brainstorm "Resources to help developers and content providers to incorporate accesssibility into their existing processes" (suggested at March 6, 2014 meeting) 
  • Go over the implications of the new Wisconsin law on accessibile educational materials in higher education (suggested at April 17, 2014 meeting)
  • Brainstorm how to build awareness of instructional content accessibility (suggested at May 29 meeting)

Future Dates:

  • Report to the sponsors – September 30, 2014.
  • National Disability Employment Awareness Month – October, 2014, see http://www.dol.gov/odep/topics/ndeam/
  • Accessing Higher Ground conference – Nov 17-21, 2014, see: http://accessinghigherground.org/  
  • Report to the sponsors – December 31, 2014.
  • Community of Educational Technology Support (ComETS) annual meeting – January, 2015, see: https://comets.wisc.edu/
  • Possible workshop sponsored by the Coordinating Group? – March, 2015?
  • Report to the sponsors – March 31, 2015.
  • Showcase 2015? – April, 2015? – We have an idea already: Embedded Accessibility
  • Teaching and Learning Symposium – May 20-21, 2015. We have an idea already: Accessibile Course Materials: Content, Technology, and Process.
  • Report to the sponsors – June 30, 2015. Continue from here every Sep 30, Dec 31, March 31, and June 30....
  • Possible brownbag sponsored by the Coordinating Group? – October, 2015?

Furture meetings:

Unable to render {include} The included page could not be found.

Coordinating Group Members:

MemberUnitMemberUnitMemberUnit
Sandi ArendalkowskiDoIT MarketingSteven BoldtDCSGary De CluteCIO Office
Brendon DybdahlHousingApril EbacherDoIT ADIRyan EngelLSS
Matt GoinsDoIT PTEAndy GoldsteinDoIT ATLaura GradyDoIT Marketing
Jamie GutkowskiDoIT ADIJohn HareDoIT EIS  
Jini JastiLaw SchoolHaley KerkhoffDCSAl NemecCALS
Jessie NemecLibraries

Casey Schacher

LibrariesTodd Schwanke, (co-chair)McBurney Center
James SkempBusinessGarrett SmithDoIT ATPhyllis TreigeDoIT Marketing
Nick WeaverUniv. MarketingPeter Weil (co-chair)Univ. Marketing  
Also attendingUnitAlso attendingUnitAlso attendingUnit
Phil JochimsenDoIT EISLee KonradLibraries  
vacant, (sponsor)CIO OfficeCathy Trueba, (sponsor)Office of Compliance  

Attachments:

None

Contact

  • No labels