Agenda - Accessibility/Usability of IT Coordinating Group (Coordinating Group)
Aug 21, 2014, 11:00-12:00, Union S.
- Agenda Review
Tools Team (Phyllis or Gary)
Results of meeting with sponsors on 7/29
Joint Coordinating Group / Tools Team co-chairs proposal for transition from Tools Team upon entering Phase I of implementation.
Handout: Notes from the joint chairs meeting.
Action: In addition to the links above, see: ITAccessTP Meeting 2014-08-21.
- Report from Carrie on her meeting with the Sponsors
Action: Incorporate the information into future planning.
- Review draft letter to sponsors
Handout: Draft letter.
- Gary will revise the letter based on feedback from the Tools Team and Coordinating Group.
Tools Team suggested that diagrams be added to show funding and next steps. Gary will develop them.
Gary will send an electronic copy of the revised letter to the group. Send comments to Gary.
Contine to revise the letter at the next meeting.
- Move Sep 18 Coordinating Group meeting to McBurney Center?
- Accessibility staff proposal status
- Captioning contract status (Todd or Phyllis)
- Liaison highlights (Joyce) Deferred.
- Check in: A street view of accessibility Deferred.
- Communications, such as announcements to listservs, Twitter, or campus calendar. Deferred.
- Future agenda items
Action: For the Coordinating Group –
- On Sep 4: Review/revise the draft letter to the sponsors. Goal is to send it to the sponsors in September. Invite the sponsors the Sep 18 celebration.
- On Oct 2: Review/revise the phased implementation plan produced by the Tools Team. Goal is to turn it over the Phase I Task Force for further development as they prepare for Phase I. The Tools Team will fnish their revisions of the phased implementation plan at their Sep 4 meeting.
- Committee on Institutional Cooperation (CIC), IT Accessibility Group -- Carrie Nelson, http://www.cic.net/projects/technology/purchasing/introduction
- eText -- Carrie, http://www.cio.wisc.edu/etext-pilot.aspx
- Online Course Production and Delivery Committee -- Steve Boldt, http://continuingstudies.wisc.edu/innovation/index.html
- Unizin Consortium -- Carrie Nelson, http://unizin.org/
Committee on Access and Accommodation in Instruction (CAAI) – Cathy Trueba, http://www.secfac.wisc.edu/senate/2013/1104/2450.pdf
- Campus Accessibility and Usability Committee (CAUC) - Phyllis Treige, http://www.cauc.wisc.edu/
- Madison Technical Advisory Group (MTAG) – liaison varies with MTAG attendance, http://www.cio.wisc.edu/mtag.aspx
- Purchasing - Accessibility requirements for purchased software
- Organization of web accessibility guidelines and supporting material, (see meeting notes from March 20, 2014 through May 1, 2014 for history)
- Brainstorm "Resources to help developers and content providers to incorporate accessibility into their existing processes" (suggested at March 6, 2014 meeting)
Future agenda items:
- Accessibility and diversity are related, followup (suggested at May 1, 2014 meeting) Note: we made brief contact with Hazel Symonette at the T&LS on May 19.
- Resource for organizing future accessibility events. See: email exchange on the topic.
- Go over the implications of the new Wisconsin law on accessibile educational materials in higher education (suggested at April 17, 2014 meeting)
- Brainstorm how to build awareness of instructional content accessibility (suggested at May 29 meeting)
- Report to the sponsors – September 30, 2014.
- National Disability Employment Awareness Month – October, 2014, see http://www.dol.gov/odep/topics/ndeam/
- Accessing Higher Ground conference – Nov 17-21, 2014, see: http://accessinghigherground.org/
- Report to the sponsors – December 31, 2014.
- Community of Educational Technology Support (ComETS) annual meeting – January, 2015, see: https://comets.wisc.edu/
- Possible workshop sponsored by the Coordinating Group? – March, 2015?
- Report to the sponsors – March 31, 2015.
- Showcase 2015? – April, 2015? – We have an idea already: Embedded Accessibility
- Teaching and Learning Symposium – May 20-21, 2015. We have an idea already: Accessibile Course Materials: Content, Technology, and Process.
- Report to the sponsors – June 30, 2015. Continue from here every Sep 30, Dec 31, March 31, and June 30....
- Possible brownbag sponsored by the Coordinating Group? – October, 2015?
Coordinating Group Members:
|Sandi Arendalkowski||DoIT Marketing||Steven Boldt||DCS||Gary De Clute||CIO Office|
|Brendon Dybdahl||Housing||April Ebacher||DoIT ADI||Ryan Engel||LSS|
|Matt Goins||DoIT PTE||Andy Goldstein||DoIT AT||Laura Grady||DoIT Marketing|
|Jamie Gutkowski||DoIT ADI||John Hare||DoIT EIS|
|Jini Jasti||Law School||Haley Kerkhoff||DCS||Al Nemec||CALS|
|Libraries||Todd Schwanke, (co-chair)||McBurney Center|
|James Skemp||Business||Garrett Smith||DoIT AT||Phyllis Treige||DoIT Marketing|
|Nick Weaver||Univ. Marketing||Peter Weil (co-chair)||Univ. Marketing|
|Also attending||Unit||Also attending||Unit||Also attending||Unit|
|Phil Jochimsen||DoIT EIS||Lee Konrad||Libraries|
|vacant, (sponsor)||CIO Office||Cathy Trueba, (sponsor)||Office of Compliance|