Agenda - Accessibility/Usability of IT Coordinating Group (Coordinating Group)
Sep 18, 2014, 11:00-12:00*, McBurney Center, Graaskamp Rm
* Please note the time change. We'll start the potluck at 11:00.
The agenda is the joint celebratrion with the Tools Team! This is potluck (more like a snackluck.) Please bring some snacks to share.Todd is ordering some Pizza.
- Committee on Institutional Cooperation (CIC), IT Accessibility Group -- Carrie Nelson, http://www.cic.net/projects/technology/purchasing/introduction
- eText -- Carrie, http://www.cio.wisc.edu/etext-pilot.aspx
- Online Course Production and Delivery Committee -- Steve Boldt, http://continuingstudies.wisc.edu/innovation/index.html
- Unizin Consortium -- Carrie Nelson, http://unizin.org/
Committee on Access and Accommodation in Instruction (CAAI) – Cathy Trueba, http://www.secfac.wisc.edu/senate/2013/1104/2450.pdf
- Campus Accessibility and Usability Committee (CAUC) - Phyllis Treige, http://www.cauc.wisc.edu/
- Madison Technical Advisory Group (MTAG) – liaison varies with MTAG attendance, http://www.cio.wisc.edu/mtag.aspx
- On Oct 2: Review/revise the phased implementation plan produced by the Tools Team. Goal is to turn it over the Phase I Task Force for further development as they prepare for Phase I. The Tools Team will finish their revisions of the phased implementation plan at their Sep 4 meeting.
- Captioning contract status and new RFP
- Purchasing - Accessibility requirements for purchased software
- Organization of web accessibility guidelines and supporting material, (see meeting notes from March 20, 2014 through May 1, 2014 for history)
- Brainstorm "Resources to help developers and content providers to incorporate accessibility into their existing processes" (suggested at March 6, 2014 meeting)
Future agenda items:
- Accessibility and diversity are related, followup (suggested at May 1, 2014 meeting). Note: we made brief contact with Hazel Symonette at the T&LS on May 19.
- Resource for organizing future accessibility events. See: email exchange on the topic.
- Go over the implications of the new Wisconsin law on accessibile educational materials in higher education (suggested at April 17, 2014 meeting)
- Brainstorm how to build awareness of instructional content accessibility (suggested at May 29 meeting)
- Report to the sponsors – September 30, 2014.
- National Disability Employment Awareness Month – October, 2014, see http://www.dol.gov/odep/topics/ndeam/
- Accessing Higher Ground conference – Nov 17-21, 2014, see: http://accessinghigherground.org/
- Report to the sponsors – December 31, 2014.
- Community of Educational Technology Support (ComETS) annual meeting – January, 2015, see: https://comets.wisc.edu/
- Possible workshop sponsored by the Coordinating Group? – March, 2015?
- Report to the sponsors – March 31, 2015.
- Showcase 2015 – April 14, 2015, Union South – We have an idea already: Embedded Accessibility
- Teaching and Learning Symposium – May 20-21, 2015. We have an idea already: Accessibile Course Materials: Content, Technology, and Process.
- Report to the sponsors – June 30, 2015. Continue from here every Sep 30, Dec 31, March 31, and June 30....
- Possible brownbag sponsored by the Coordinating Group? – October, 2015?
- Coordinating Group Meeting 2017-09-11, 11:00-12:00, McBurney Graaskamp Rm
- Coordinating Group Meeting 2017-09-28, 11:00-12:00, McBurney Graaskamp Rm
- Coordinating Group Meeting 2017-10-12, 11:00-12:00, McBurney Graaskamp Rm
- Coordinating Group Meeting 2017-10-26, 11:00-12:00, McBurney Graaskamp Rm
- Coordinating Group Meeting 2017-11-09, 11:00-12:00, McBurney Graaskamp Rm
- Coordinating Group Meeting 2017-11-23, 11:00-12:00, McBurney Graaskamp Rm
- Coordinating Group Meeting 2017-12-14, 11:00-12:00, McBurney Graaskamp Rm
- Coordinating Group Meeting 2017-12-28, 11:00-12:00, McBurney Graaskamp Rm (tentative) *
- Coordinating Group Meetings
* Tentative meeting on Dec 28, between the holidays.
Coordinating Group members:
|Sandi Arendalkowski||DoIT Marketing||Steven Boldt||DCS||Gary De Clute||CIO Office|
|Brendon Dybdahl||Housing||April Ebacher||DoIT ADI||Ryan Engel||LSS|
|Matt Goins||DoIT PTE||Andy Goldstein||DoIT AT||Laura Grady||DoIT Marketing|
|Jamie Gutkowski||DoIT ADI||John Hare||DoIT EIS|
|Jini Jasti||Law School||Haley Kerkhoff||DCS||Al Nemec||CALS|
|Libraries||Todd Schwanke, (co-chair)||McBurney Center|
|James Skemp||Business||Garrett Smith||DoIT AT||Phyllis Treige||DoIT Marketing|
|Nick Weaver||Univ. Marketing||Peter Weil (co-chair)||Univ. Marketing|
|Also attending||Unit||Also attending||Unit||Also attending||Unit|
|Phil Jochimsen||DoIT EIS||Lee Konrad||Libraries|
|vacant, (sponsor)||CIO Office||Cathy Trueba, (sponsor)||Office of Compliance|