Agenda & Notes - Accessibility/Usability of IT Coordinating Group (Coordinating Group)
Oct 2, 2014, 11:00-12:00, Union S. Scholars (2nd floor)
- Agenda Review
Action: Several questions. Will be covered below.
Tools Team (Phyllis or Al) – See Tools Team notes
Action: Gary will get a copy of the contract we signed with SSB Bart Group
- Accessibility staff proposal status (Carrie Nelson)
- Carrie Nelson and the subcommittee have done a great job!
- Subcommitee has noted many things, and has a early draft
- Next steps are to a) finish up draft, b) get input, c) finalize draft
- Accessing Higher Ground (AHG) Conference streaming planning
- We will not host virtual venue live in Nov.
- Instead will purchase right to use the recorded sessions, then
- arrange for viewing sessions followed by Q&A, and/or
- individuals can view sessions on their own
- Todd will contact the AHG folks to see what we need to do to enable the above.
- Todd will send email to Bruce and Don Nelson (new Chief-of-Staff for the CIO office) requesting funding for the above
- Gary will send Todd contact info for Don
- Review/revise the phased implementation plan produced by the Tools Team.
Goal is to turn it over the Phase I Task Force for further development as they prepare for Phase I.
Idea is that the document:
- helps us organize our own thoughts and plans, (plans need further development – tools team is working on that)
- can be distributed to people who are interested in having their unit participate in Phase I. It does not tell them everything they need to know, but it gives them an idea of what is involved.
- Liaison highlights (Joyce)
- Check in: A street view of accessibility
- Communications, such as announcements to listservs, Twitter, or campus calendar.
- Upcoming agenda items
Action: Continued status updates of staffing proposal. Other deferred items above. Selected items below.
- Committee on Institutional Cooperation (CIC), IT Accessibility Group -- Carrie Nelson, http://www.cic.net/projects/technology/purchasing/introduction
- eText -- Carrie, http://www.cio.wisc.edu/etext-pilot.aspx
- Online Course Production and Delivery Committee -- Steve Boldt, http://continuingstudies.wisc.edu/innovation/index.html
- Unizin Consortium -- Carrie Nelson, http://unizin.org/
Committee on Access and Accommodation in Instruction (CAAI) – Cathy Trueba, http://www.secfac.wisc.edu/senate/2013/1104/2450.pdf
- Campus Accessibility and Usability Committee (CAUC) - Phyllis Treige, http://www.cauc.wisc.edu/
- Madison Technical Advisory Group (MTAG) – liaison varies with MTAG attendance, http://www.cio.wisc.edu/mtag.aspx
- DoIT Web and Mobile Solutions Group (developers)
- Consider flipping the meeting schedule overlapping the meeting times so that there is more of an opportunity for sharing between the two groups.
- Get more info on new Executive Committee meeting (invite Chris Holsman to a meeting?)
- Captioning contract status and new RFP
- Purchasing - Accessibility requirements for purchased software
- Organization of web accessibility guidelines and supporting material, (see meeting notes from March 20, 2014 through May 1, 2014 for history)
- Brainstorm "Resources to help developers and content providers to incorporate accessibility into their existing processes" (suggested at March 6, 2014 meeting)
Future agenda items:
- Accessibility and diversity are related, followup (suggested at May 1, 2014 meeting). Note: we made brief contact with Hazel Symonette at the T&LS on May 19.
- Resource for organizing future accessibility events. See: email exchange on the topic.
- Go over the implications of the new Wisconsin law on accessibile educational materials in higher education (suggested at April 17, 2014 meeting)
- Brainstorm how to build awareness of instructional content accessibility (suggested at May 29 meeting)
- Report to the sponsors – September 30, 2014.
- National Disability Employment Awareness Month – October, 2014, see http://www.dol.gov/odep/topics/ndeam/
- Accessing Higher Ground conference – Nov 17-21, 2014, see: http://accessinghigherground.org/
- Report to the sponsors – December 31, 2014.
- Community of Educational Technology Support (ComETS) annual meeting – January, 2015, see: https://comets.wisc.edu/
- Possible workshop sponsored by the Coordinating Group? – March, 2015?
- Report to the sponsors – March 31, 2015.
- Showcase 2015 – April 14, 2015, Union South – We have an idea already: Embedded Accessibility
- Teaching and Learning Symposium – May 20-21, 2015. We have an idea already: Accessibile Course Materials: Content, Technology, and Process.
- Report to the sponsors – June 30, 2015. Continue from here every Sep 30, Dec 31, March 31, and June 30....
- Possible brownbag sponsored by the Coordinating Group? – October, 2015?
- Coordinating Group Meeting 2017-09-11, 11:00-12:00, McBurney Graaskamp Rm
- Coordinating Group Meeting 2017-09-28, 11:00-12:00, McBurney Graaskamp Rm
- Coordinating Group Meeting 2017-10-12, 11:00-12:00, McBurney Graaskamp Rm
- Coordinating Group Meeting 2017-10-26, 11:00-12:00, McBurney Graaskamp Rm
- Coordinating Group Meeting 2017-11-09, 11:00-12:00, McBurney Graaskamp Rm
- Coordinating Group Meeting 2017-11-23, 11:00-12:00, McBurney Graaskamp Rm
- Coordinating Group Meeting 2017-12-14, 11:00-12:00, McBurney Graaskamp Rm
- Coordinating Group Meeting 2017-12-28, 11:00-12:00, McBurney Graaskamp Rm (tentative) *
- Coordinating Group Meetings
* Tentative meeting on Dec 28, between the holidays.
Coordinating Group members:
|Sandi Arendalkowski||DoIT Marketing||Steven Boldt||DCS||Gary De Clute||CIO Office|
|Brendon Dybdahl||Housing||April Ebacher||DoIT ADI||Ryan Engel||LSS|
|Matt Goins||DoIT PTE||Andy Goldstein||DoIT AT||Laura Grady||DoIT Marketing|
|Jamie Gutkowski||DoIT ADI||John Hare||DoIT EIS|
|Jini Jasti||Law School||Haley Kerkhoff||DCS||Al Nemec||CALS|
|Libraries||Todd Schwanke, (co-chair)||McBurney Center|
|James Skemp||Business||Garrett Smith||DoIT AT||Phyllis Treige||DoIT Marketing|
|Nick Weaver||Univ. Marketing||Peter Weil (co-chair)||Univ. Marketing|
|Also attending||Unit||Also attending||Unit||Also attending||Unit|
|Phil Jochimsen||DoIT EIS||Lee Konrad||Libraries|
|vacant, (sponsor)||CIO Office||Cathy Trueba, (sponsor)||Office of Compliance|
|Oct 01, 2014 08:36||2014-08-28 version|