Please report any problems to the Shared Tools Team at st-help@doit.wisc.edu    Broken Links? Missing Macros? WIKI Retiring Plugins
Child pages
  • ITAccessCG Meeting 2014-12-04
Skip to end of metadata
Go to start of metadata

Agenda & Notes - Accessibility/Usability of IT Coordinating Group (Coordinating Group)

Dec 4, 2014, 11:00-12:00, McBurney Center, Graaskamp Rm 

  1. Agenda Review
     
    Action:
     
  2. Notes from  previous meeting  – Please send comments, corrections to Gary
     

  3. Phase I Task Force (Al or Gary)

    Action:

    • Clarified that it is a DoIT service, (which implies a lot about how the process of deploying it occurs.)
    • Phil Jochimsen is now co-chair of the task force (with Al Nemec.) Phil is the DoIT project lead.
    • Going well. Working on integrating NetID. No date set for release.
       
  4. Accessibility staff proposal status (Carrie Nelson)
     
    Action: Deferred.

  5. ComETS annual meeting (last one was January 2014) – Our involvement?
     
    Action: Carrie is our representative. Joyce will contact Carrie re: the annual meeting.
     
  6. Possible workshop sponsored by the Coordinating Group? – March, 2015?
     
    Action:
    1. Possible outline
      1. Accessibility campus iniitiatives (what's happening...)
      2. Tools (AMP being the main one, but others are also in the mix.)
      3. Workflow (i.e. how to you respond to the need to change things.)
    2. Tentatively, either 60 or 90 minutes. Brownbag format over lunch. Three presentations, plus discussion and/or Q&A . Details TBD.
    3. Possibly co-sponsor with ComETS or others? Does this add enough value to offset the added complexity? (Answer TBD.)
    4. Joyce and Gary will form a subcommittee (other volunteers?) with Matt as consultant.
    5. Can we record it? (Matt knows how...)
       
  7. One or more of:
    1. Process for responding to user complaints? (Came about at the 10/30 meeting discussion the importance of responding quickly and effectively to user complaints.)
    2. Process for getting assistance from campus? (Came about at the 10/30 meeting discussion of difficulties some divisions have when something related to accessibility comes up.)
    3. Developing liaisons at the division level to help with accessiblity issues. (Came about at the 10/30 meeting discussion of difficulties some divisions have when something related to accessibility comes up.)
       
      Action:
      • For (a) and (b), Gary will draw up a simple process.
      • For (c) put this into the staffing proposal as something the proposed accessibility consultant(s) could address.
         
  8. Liaison highlights (Joyce)
     
    Action: Deferred.
     
  9. Check in: A street view of accessibility
     
  10. Communications, such as announcements to listservs, Twitter, or campus calendar.
     
  11. Upcoming agenda items
     
    Action:
    • Add to future agenda items, * how to communciate our progress to faculty. One way might be to work through the Equity and Diversitn Committees. (We are assuming there is faculty representation in some units – need to check this assumption.)
    • For next meeting, how to follow up using the  AHG recorded sessions material.
    • Possible workshop in March should become a standing status item as we develop it.
    • Showcase, should become a standing agenda items as we consider it. Idea: workflow of a unit that has been systematically improving their web accessibility. Who?
    • Teaching and Learning Symposium should become a standing status item as we consider it/develop it.
    • Co-chairs need to check on on the Dec report to the sponsors.

Liaisons

On-deck Items

  • Get more info on new Executive Committee meeting (invite Chris Holsman to a meeting?)
  • Captioning contract status and new RFP (Note from Oct 16 meeting: The review of the current captioning contracts is tentatively scheduled to begin in January.)
  • Purchasing - Accessibility requirements for purchased software  

Future agenda items:

  • Arrange for post AHG conference viewing sessions or opportunities to otherwise view the pre-conference and conference sessions that were recorded.
  • Accessibility of email. (Campus Communicators have discussed this, see 10/30 notes.)
  • Accessibility and diversity are related, followup (suggested at May 1, 2014 meeting). Note: we made brief contact with Hazel Symonette at the T&LS on May 19.
  • Resource for organizing future accessibility events. See: email exchange on the topic.
  • Go over the implications of the new Wisconsin law on accessibile educational materials in higher education (suggested at April 17, 2014 meeting)
  • Brainstorm how to build awareness of instructional content accessibility (suggested at May 29 meeting)
  • Brainstorm "Resources to help developers and content providers to incorporate accessibility into their existing processes" (suggested at March 6, 2014 meeting) 

Future dates:

  • Report to the sponsors – December 31, 2014.
  • Community of Educational Technology Support (ComETS) annual meeting – January?, 2015, see: https://comets.wisc.edu/
  • Possible workshop sponsored by the Coordinating Group? – March, 2015?
  • Due date for Showcase proposals – March 27, 2015
  • Report to the sponsors – March 31, 2015.
  • Showcase 2015 – April 14, 2015, Union South – We have an idea already: Embedded Accessibility
  • Teaching and Learning Symposium – May 20-21, 2015. We have an idea already: Accessibile Course Materials: Content, Technology, and Process.
  • Report to the sponsors – June 30, 2015. Continue from here every Sep 30, Dec 31, March 31, and June 30....
  • Possible brownbag sponsored by the Coordinating Group? – October, 2015? 
  • Report to the sponsors – September 30, 2015.
  • National Disability Employment Awareness Month – October, 2014, see http://www.dol.gov/odep/topics/ndeam/  
  • Accessing Higher Ground conference – Nov 215, see: http://accessinghigherground.org/  

Furture meetings:

  • Coordinating Group Meeting 2017-09-11, 11:00-12:00, McBurney Graaskamp Rm
  • Coordinating Group Meeting 2017-09-28, 11:00-12:00, McBurney Graaskamp Rm
  • Coordinating Group Meeting 2017-10-12, 11:00-12:00, McBurney Graaskamp Rm
  • Coordinating Group Meeting 2017-10-26, 11:00-12:00, McBurney Graaskamp Rm
  • Coordinating Group Meeting 2017-11-09, 11:00-12:00, McBurney Graaskamp Rm
  • Coordinating Group Meeting 2017-11-23, 11:00-12:00, McBurney Graaskamp Rm
  • Coordinating Group Meeting 2017-12-14, 11:00-12:00, McBurney Graaskamp Rm
  • Coordinating Group Meeting 2017-12-28, 11:00-12:00, McBurney Graaskamp Rm (tentative) *
  • Coordinating Group Meetings

* Tentative meeting on Dec 28, between the holidays.

Coordinating Group members:

MemberUnitMemberUnitMemberUnit
Sandi ArendalkowskiDoIT MarketingSteven BoldtDCSGary De CluteCIO Office
Brendon DybdahlHousingApril EbacherDoIT ADIRyan EngelLSS
Matt GoinsDoIT PTEAndy GoldsteinDoIT ATLaura GradyDoIT Marketing
Jamie GutkowskiDoIT ADIJohn HareDoIT EIS  
Jini JastiLaw SchoolHaley KerkhoffDCSAl NemecCALS
Jessie NemecLibraries

Casey Schacher

LibrariesTodd Schwanke, (co-chair)McBurney Center
James SkempBusinessGarrett SmithDoIT ATPhyllis TreigeDoIT Marketing
Nick WeaverUniv. MarketingPeter Weil (co-chair)Univ. Marketing  
Also attendingUnitAlso attendingUnitAlso attendingUnit
Phil JochimsenDoIT EISLee KonradLibraries  
vacant, (sponsor)CIO OfficeCathy Trueba, (sponsor)Office of Compliance  

Attachments:

None

Contact

  • No labels