Agenda & Notes - Accessibility/Usability of IT Coordinating Group (Coordinating Group)
Mar 10, 2016, 11:00-12:00, McBurney Center, Graaskamp Rm
- Notes from previous meeting. Please send comments and corrections to Gary.
- Brainstorm future direction and priorities of the team.
- Todd will draft a report to our sponsors
- What we've done
- What we've been doing
- Ideas for the future, which include but are not limited to:
- Get participation on the team into people's job decriptions
- Have an accessibility coordinatro for each division, who collectively form a group that meets regularly.
- Carrie will contact Bruce for guidance
- The CEILO web conference on "Non-discriminatory accessibility across campus" had an outline for how to organize a campus program. Peter will forward the information when he receives it.
- Todd will draft a report to our sponsors
- Upcoming agenda items
- See the Feb 11 meeting notes for a sizable number of items that could be addressed at future meetings. We could select items to carry forward based on the future direction and priorities of the team.
- See "Future Agenda Items" below.
Future agenda items:
- Get more info on new Executive Committee meeting (invite Chris Holsman to a meeting?) (12/4 note: Check with Phyllis on this item.)
- How to communicate our progress to faculty.
One way might be to work through the Equity and Diversity Committees that are advisory to deans and are composed of faculty and staff.
Accessibility and diversity are related, followup (suggested at May 1, 2014 meeting). Note: we made brief contact with Hazel Symonette at the T&LS on May 19.
- Accessibility of email. (Campus Communicators have discussed this, see 10/30 notes.)
- Go over the implications of the new Wisconsin law on accessibile educational materials in higher education (suggested at April 17, 2014 meeting)
- Brainstorm how to build awareness of instructional content accessibility (suggested at May 29 meeting)
- Showcase – April 2016
- Teaching and Learning Symposium – May 2016
- National Disability Employment Awareness Month – October, 2016, see http://www.dol.gov/odep/topics/ndeam/
- Accessing Higher Ground conference – Nov 2015, see: http://accessinghigherground.org/
- Community of Educational Technology Support (ComETS) annual meeting – January 2017, see: https://comets.wisc.edu/
- Coordinating Group Meeting 2017-09-11, 11:00-12:00, McBurney Graaskamp Rm
- Coordinating Group Meeting 2017-09-28, 11:00-12:00, McBurney Graaskamp Rm
- Coordinating Group Meeting 2017-10-12, 11:00-12:00, McBurney Graaskamp Rm
- Coordinating Group Meeting 2017-10-26, 11:00-12:00, McBurney Graaskamp Rm
- Coordinating Group Meeting 2017-11-09, 11:00-12:00, McBurney Graaskamp Rm
- Coordinating Group Meeting 2017-11-23, 11:00-12:00, McBurney Graaskamp Rm
- Coordinating Group Meeting 2017-12-14, 11:00-12:00, McBurney Graaskamp Rm
- Coordinating Group Meeting 2017-12-28, 11:00-12:00, McBurney Graaskamp Rm (tentative) *
- Coordinating Group Meetings
* Tentative meeting on Dec 28, between the holidays.
Coordinating Group members:
|Sandi Arendalkowski||DoIT Marketing||Steven Boldt||DCS||Gary De Clute||CIO Office|
|Brendon Dybdahl||Housing||April Ebacher||DoIT ADI||Ryan Engel||LSS|
|Matt Goins||DoIT PTE||Andy Goldstein||DoIT AT||Laura Grady||DoIT Marketing|
|Jamie Gutkowski||DoIT ADI||John Hare||DoIT EIS|
|Jini Jasti||Law School||Haley Kerkhoff||DCS||Al Nemec||CALS|
|Libraries||Todd Schwanke, (co-chair)||McBurney Center|
|James Skemp||Business||Garrett Smith||DoIT AT||Phyllis Treige||DoIT Marketing|
|Nick Weaver||Univ. Marketing||Peter Weil (co-chair)||Univ. Marketing|
|Also attending||Unit||Also attending||Unit||Also attending||Unit|
|Phil Jochimsen||DoIT EIS||Lee Konrad||Libraries|
|vacant, (sponsor)||CIO Office||Cathy Trueba, (sponsor)||Office of Compliance|
- Committee on Institutional Cooperation (CIC), IT Accessibility Group -- Carrie Nelson, http://www.cic.net/projects/technology/purchasing/introduction
- eText -- Carrie Nelson, http://www.cio.wisc.edu/etext-pilot.aspx
- Online Course Production and Delivery Committee -- Steve Boldt, http://continuingstudies.wisc.edu/innovation/index.html
- Unizin Consortium -- Carrie Nelson, http://unizin.org/
- Committee on Access and Accommodation in Instruction (CAAI) – Cathy Trueba, http://www.secfac.wisc.edu/senate/2013/1104/2450.pdf
- Campus Accessibility and Usability Committee (CAUC) - Phyllis Treige, http://www.cauc.wisc.edu/
- Madison Technical Advisory Group (MTAG) – liaison varies with MTAG attendance, http://www.cio.wisc.edu/mtag.aspx
- DoIT Web and Mobile Solutions Group (developers) – Mark Field ofrdesignee, https://www.doit.wisc.edu/about/organization/application-development-integration
- ComETS – Carrie Nelson, https://comets.wisc.edu/
- MTAG – Group members who attend MTAG meetings