Please report any problems to the Shared Tools Team at    Broken Links? Missing Macros? WIKI Retiring Plugins
Child pages
  • ITAccessTP Meeting 2014-08-21
Skip to end of metadata
Go to start of metadata

Accessibility/Usability Assessment Tool Purchase and Implementation (Tool Team)

Aug 21, 2014, 10:00-11:00, Union S.


  1. Agenda Review
    Added introductions. Phil Jochimsen is attending. Welcome Phil!

  2. Notes from prior meeting meeting. Send comments, corrections to Gary.

  3. Update on puchase-related activities since last meeting (Gary and Phil [if attending] )
    Action: No new activity since our last team meeting.

  4. Joint Coordianting Group / Tools Team co-chairs proposal for transition from Tools Team upon entering Phase I of implementation.

    • Notes from the joint chairs meeting.
      Action: Team agrees with the plan to transition from the Tool Team in the Phase I Task Force on Sep 18.

    • Draft letter to sponsors

      • Suggested that diagrams be added to show funding and next steps. Gary will develop them.

      • Gary will send an electronic copy of the revised letter to the team. Send comments to Gary.

  5. Refinement of plan for phased implementation (includes transition from Tools Team discussed in agenda item #4).
    Handout: Phased implementation plan

    • Team agreed with the description of the Phase I Task Force in section A, #'s 5, 6 and 7.

    • Team will continue working on the plan at the Sep 4 meeting.

  6. Next steps
    • Continue planning phase implementation.
    • Continued planning for Sep 18 celebration.

Future agenda items

After main tool decision is made:

  1. Review overall plan: Phase I = a few interested departments, Phase II+ expand to more departments.
    1. Finish developing Phase I detailed description, expectations, etc.
    2. Decide what to say to the campus about phase I.
    3. Identify specific departments that are willing to take a role in phase I
  2. Consider specific needs of three different constituencies. What tools (purchased or free) do we initially recommend for each constituency during Phase I?
    • enterprise level users,
    • web developers/web masters, and
    • content providers

Future Meetings:






Tools Team Members:

MemberUnit MemberUnit MemberUnit
Chris ArndtCALS Al Nemec (co-chair)CALS James SkempBusiness
Gary De CluteCIO Office (facilitator) Vince RoseDoIT Comm Tony TallmadgeCAE
Jessica JonesDoIT Comm Casey SchacherLibrary Phyllis Treige (co-chair)DoIT Comm
Emily MacalusoDoIT Comm Todd SchwankeMcBurney   


File Created Comment


Aug 12, 2014 15:32  


  • No labels