Please report any problems to the Shared Tools Team at st-help@doit.wisc.edu    Broken Links? Missing Macros? WIKI Retiring Plugins
Child pages
  • CDM Policy Meeting 2016-10-05
Skip to end of metadata
Go to start of metadata

Continuous Diagnostics and Mitigation Policy Stakeholders Team

Oct 05, 2016, 3:00-4:00, Rm 2281 CS

Wiki page: https://wiki.doit.wisc.edu/confluence/display/POLICY/CDM+Policy

UW Box folder.

Agenda

  1. Agenda Review
     
  2. Report on status of implementation of the interim recommendations
    Handout: Interim ecommendations (annotated) (on UW Box, in Private folder, collaborators only)
      
    Action
    • Continue monitoring implementation.
        
  3. Planning for the team's work between now and end of Dec.
    Handout: Updated work plan .
      
    Action
    • Organize the team's recommendations as themes.
      1. identify theams
      2. for each one,
        1. team discusses the theme first,
        2. a sub-team (2 or 3 people) elaborate upon that.
            
  4. Start discussion, based upon the decisions above.
      
    Action
    • Team identified 6 themes
      1. Top two themes are:
        1. Service related (sustainability, inclusiveness etc.)
        2. Operations (ongoing, priorities)
      2. Remaining (themes in no particular order)Can prioritize the remainder after we talk about the first two
        • Governance (ongoing, completeness of the mix of services, etc.
        • Staff/Resorces (distributed, central, important to address both)
        • Relationship with RMF (is an integral part of the RMF, but also operates independently)
        • Policy and procedures
      3. Can add, remove, combine and split themes as we go.
          
    • Work on the first two themes
      1. What is a sentence that captures the heart of the first two themes:
        1. Services:   "...sustainable, federated, consumer-centric services."
        2. Operations: "...reduce the [time] gap between discovery and mitigation.
            
    • Sub-team work
      1. Sub-teams can be two or three people.
      2. Maybe one or two team members + Gary to organize it and take notes.
      3. For the top two themes, volunteers are:
        1. Services: Dan Simanek (plus Gary)
        2. Operations: Steve Barnet, Sue Weier, (plus Gary)
  5. Next steps

    Action:
    • Before next meeting:
      • Gary will set up a meeting for each sub-team, approximately middle of next week.
        • One hour
        • Goals is to talk about the theme. Gary will takes notes, and write them up.
        • Report back to full team in two weeks.
      • Attend Oct 06 UW-MIST meeting, if possible. ATP steering committee will be giving a report.
          
    • For next meeting (Oct 19):
      • Review report back from the sub-teams
        • Additional thoughts from full team
        • Determine follow up on those themes
      • Discuss top priority theme or themes from among the remaining four.
        • A sentence that captures the heart of the theme...
        • More detail about the theme, to help guide an sub-team.
        • Idenfity sub-team or -teams.
    • Further out:
      • Attend Nov 03 and Dec 01 UW-MIST meetings, if practical. There will ATP project status, and/or other info on ATP and CDM.

Ground Rules

  1. Everyone must be treated respectfully, whether present or not.
  2. Everyone present who wants to speak on a topic must have a chance to speak.
  3. Attend more often than not, and review materials when you can't attend.
  4. Don't be shy, or worry about perception of an idea - we need open borders for these discussions.
  5. Let's park side issues or extensive detail for future work by this team, or others.

Future agenda items

  • Start up between-meeting research theme(s)
  • Work through a major theme (theme TBD)
  • Review draft recommendation language. Refine language as we go. Add new recommendations as appropriate.
  • Review draft executive summary
  • Review the rest of the report.
  • Plan presentation to UW-MIST

Future Meetings

Parked Items

  • ...

Team Members

MemberDeptMemberDeptMemberDept
Steve Barnet (co-chair)ICECUBETomomi ImamuraCybersecurityCurt ShombergL&S MIS
Gary De Clute (facilitator)IT PolicyKalaichelvan JesuthasanHousingJustin VorelHuman Ecology
Dave De CosterCAEJeff Savoy (co-chair)CybersecuritySusan WeierL&S
Siggi EckhardtCybersecurityDan SimanekVCRGEJosh ZimmermanLibraries

Attachments

Contact

  • No labels