Continuous Diagnostics and Mitigation Policy Stakeholders Team
Nov 02, 2016, 3:00-4:00, Rm 2281 CS
Wiki page: https://wiki.doit.wisc.edu/confluence/display/POLICY/CDM+Policy
UW Box folder.
- Agenda Review & Notes from previous meeting.
Action: Rearrange order: 4, 3, 2.
- Status of Services and Operations sub-teams
Updated reports for both sub-teams are posted at: https://uwmadison.box.com/v/IT-Policy-CDM (in Private Folder)
- Discussion of Staffing/Resources theme
- Draft Cybsecurity Risk Management Policy
Handout: Draft policy (wiki login required)
- Dan is sending Gary edits.
- Consider putting in the principles from the ATP guidelines.
- In process, add (E)(2)(c) "Assure that privacy and academic freedom are respected."
- Add reference to NIST SP 800-53.
- Next steps
- Before next meeting:
- "services" and "operations" sub-teams should work via email on their theme.
- For next meeting (Nov 19):
- Discussion of Governance theme
- Further out:
- Attend Dec 01 UW-MIST meetings, if practical. There will ATP project status, and/or other info on ATP and CDM.
- Everyone must be treated respectfully, whether present or not.
- Everyone present who wants to speak on a topic must have a chance to speak.
- Attend more often than not, and review materials when you can't attend.
- Don't be shy, or worry about perception of an idea - we need open borders for these discussions.
- Let's park side issues or extensive detail for future work by this team, or others.
Future agenda items
- Status of Staffing/Resources theme draft language (11/16)
- Discussion of Governance theme. (11/16)
- Status of Governance theme draft language (12/07)
- Discussion of Policy and Procedures theme. (12/07)
- Final report of Operations sub-team. (12/07)
- Final report of Services sub-team (12/07)
- Review the final report (12/21, might need to reschedule into January)
- Plan presentation to UW-MIST (12/21, might need to reschedule into January)
|Steve Barnet (co-chair)||ICECUBE||Tomomi Imamura||Cybersecurity||Curt Shomberg||L&S MIS|
|Gary De Clute (facilitator)||IT Policy||Kalaichelvan Jesuthasan||Housing||Justin Vorel||Human Ecology|
|Dave De Coster||CAE||Jeff Savoy (co-chair)||Cybersecurity||Susan Weier||L&S|
|Siggi Eckhardt||Cybersecurity||Dan Simanek||VCRGE||Josh Zimmerman||Libraries|