Please report any problems to the Shared Tools Team at st-help@doit.wisc.edu    Broken Links? Missing Macros? WIKI Retiring Plugins
Skip to end of metadata
Go to start of metadata

Continuous Diagnostics and Mitigation Policy Stakeholders Team

Nov 16, 2016, 3:00-4:00, Rm 2281 CS

Wiki page: https://wiki.doit.wisc.edu/confluence/display/POLICY/CDM+Policy

UW Box folder.

Agenda

  1. Agenda Review & Notes from previous meeting .
     
  2. Discussion of Governance theme
      
    Action:
    • Recommendation for ongoing governance of CDM is:
      • The ATP Steering Committee should morph into an ongoing CDM Steering Committee, (i.e. +/- a few members, and a new charter.)
    • The remainder of the flip chart notes are input to the CDM Steering Committee when it is formed.
      • Could also be input to the ATP Steering Committee if such issues arise in the meantime.
        
  3. Guidance for Initial Implementation of Advanced Threat Protection
    Handout: Guidelines (on the team's UW-Madison Box, folder, in the private sub-folder)
      
    Action:
    • FYI.
        
  4. Status of Services and Operations draft language
          
    Action:
    • Steve, Siggi, and Susan will work on the "Operations" theme
    • Dan will work on the "Services" theme.
    • Gary will start filling in gaps on Nov 23.
        
  5. Status of work on Staffing/Resources theme
    • Outline of draft recommendation available on: https://uwmadison.box.com/v/IT-Policy-CDM (in Private Folder, the draft of the final report.)
    • Discussion via email will continue. First draft language due by 11/23. Final languate due 12/07.
        
    Action
    • Gary will start filling in gaps on Nov 23.
        
  6. Next steps

    Action:
    • Before next meeting (12/07):
      • Dan will put
        • the draft text from the outline of the "Recommendations" section,
        • onto Google Docs, (for ease of collaborative editing.)
      • "Services" and "Operations" sub-teams should finish work on their themes (in Google Docs if desired.)
      • Interested members should work on Staffing/Resources theme (in Google Docs if desired.)
      • Gary will draft "Governance" theme.
      • Gary will starting filling in gaps in other draft language, starting on 11/23.
      • Attend Dec 01 UW-MIST meeting, if practical. There will ATP project status, and/or other info on ATP and CDM.
          
    • For next meeting (12/07):
      • Discussion of Policy theme
      • Review of first draft of language for the other themes.
          
    • Further out:
      • Attend Jan 05 UW-MIST meeting, if practical. There will ATP project status, and/or other info on ATP and CDM.

Ground Rules

  1. Everyone must be treated respectfully, whether present or not.
  2. Everyone present who wants to speak on a topic must have a chance to speak.
  3. Attend more often than not, and review materials when you can't attend.
  4. Don't be shy, or worry about perception of an idea - we need open borders for these discussions.
  5. Let's park side issues or extensive detail for future work by this team, or others.

Future agenda items

  • Review first draft of language from Operations and Services sub-teams. (12/07)
  • Review first draft of language for Staffing and Resources, and Governance theme (12/07)
  • Discussion of Policy and Procedures theme. (12/07)
  • Review language for Operations, Services, Staffing and Resources, and Governance (12/21, might need to reschedule into January)
  • Review first draft of language for Policy theme  (12/21, might need to reschedule into January)
  • Review the final draft of report (01/11)
  • Review final report (01/18)
  • Plan presentation to UW-MIST (01/18)

Future Meetings

Parked Items

  • ...

Team Members

MemberDeptMemberDeptMemberDept
Steve Barnet (co-chair)ICECUBETomomi ImamuraCybersecurityCurt ShombergL&S MIS
Gary De Clute (facilitator)IT PolicyKalaichelvan JesuthasanHousingJustin VorelHuman Ecology
Dave De CosterCAEJeff Savoy (co-chair)CybersecuritySusan WeierL&S
Siggi EckhardtCybersecurityDan SimanekVCRGEJosh ZimmermanLibraries

Attachments

Contact

  • No labels