Skip to end of metadata
Go to start of metadata

Next Meeting

Communications and Implementation Meeting, June 16, 2009, Rm 3130 CS.

Notes

1. Agenda Review

2. Initial communication of IEncrypt and IReport.
Handout: draft email.

  • Policies are efffective June 1, 2009. Very few people know they are in effect now.
    • Possible quick note to Tech-Partners-Prime (already drafted).
    • Is there anyone else who should receive initial notification? Example: acad-admin-directors-list?

Action: Draft of message OK. Communications will send the TP-Prime soon.

  • Joint implementation team being formed.
    • The team should be involved in communications planning.
    • Hope is that coordinated communications might begin in Aug or Sep.
    • Is this a good strategy?

Action: Stategy OK. Team to be formed in June, if possible.

3. COPE Policy.

  • Has already been issued by the CIO as an email to acad-admin-directors-list.
  • Official COPE policy language now drafted.
  • Vetting:
    • Language will be reivewed by UW-MIST members.
    • Are there other groups that should review it?

Action: UW-MIST is already reviewing, deadline June 26. MTAG will be asked. Same deadline.

  • Communications planning?
    • Hope to begin communicating in Aug or Sep.

Action: Will probably be possible to send out an initial notification to selected groups in early July. At a minimum, to TP-Prime, maybe also to acad-admin-directors (if combined with forum invitation.) Will also announce at forum. Further action TBD, probably includes mentioning it in Computing@UW.

4. IDispose Policy.

  • Language for IDispose Policy has been drafted.
  • Vetting:
    • Language will be reivewed by UW-MIST members.
    • Are there other groups that should review it?

Action: UW-MIST is already reviewing, deadline June 26. MTAG will be asked. Same deadline. Endorsement should follow immediately.

  • Communications planning?
    • Hope to begin communicating in Aug or Sep.
    • Would an email to acad-admin-directors be sufficient?
    • Other groups to add?

Action: Will probably be possible to send out an initial notification to selected groups in July. At a minimum, to TP-Prime. Will also announce at forum. Further action TBD, probably includes mentioning it in Computing@UW.

5. August 4th IT Policy Forum

  • How to coordinate communications about the forum will all the other communications that are occuring? (Need to minimize number of emails sent to large lists of people.)

Action: Will try to combine IEncrypt, IReport, COPE and IDispose announcemnets with invitation to the forum. (TP's will already have heard about IReport and IEncrypt, as noted above.)

6. Communications Dept. representation regarding IT policy?

Action: Laura will be the Communications rep, to serve on teams when appropriate.

7. Ongoing communications of existing IT policies?

Action: Will have regular monthly Communications meetings. First meeting soon to coordinate forum invitation as noted above.

8. Other?

  • Cloud Computing guidelines.

Action: Will publish via ongoing communications.

See also:

Meeting Schedule

  • Com Meeting 2009-06-24, Wed, 2:00-3:00, Rm 3130 CS (or nearby)
  • Communications Meeting 2009-07-21, Tue, 2:00-3:00, Rm 3130 CS (or nearby)
  • Communications Meeting 2009-08-18, Tue, 2:00-3:00, Rm 3130 CS (or nearby)
  • Communications Meeting 2009-09-15, Tue, 2:00-3:00, Rm 3130 CS (or nearby)
  • Communications Meeting 2009-10-20, Tue, 2:00-3:00, Rm 3130 CS (or nearby)
  • Communications Meeting 2009-11-17, Tue, 2:00-3:00, Rm 3130 CS (or nearby)
  • Communications Meeting 2009-12-15, Tue, 2:00-3:00, Rm 3130 CS (or nearby)

Contact

  • No labels