Please report any problems to the Shared Tools Team at st-help@doit.wisc.edu    Broken Links? Missing Macros? WIKI Retiring Plugins
Child pages
  • Com Meeting 2019-10-16
Skip to end of metadata
Go to start of metadata

Policy Communications Subcommittee Meeting

Wed, 3:30-4:30, Rm 2281 CS

Attending: _x_ Gary De Clute, _x_ Jason Erdmann(co-chair), _x_ Ed Jalinske, __ Kim Miller(co-chair), _x_ Micky Nash, _x_Dave Parter,  _x_Sara Tate-Pederson, _N/A_Stefan Wahe, __ Susan Weier

Subcommittee Wiki page | PAT Box Folder | PAT Google Folder | IT Policy KB || PAT | PAT EC | Portfolio  Subcommittee | Process Subcommittee

Agenda

  1. Preliminaries: introductions, agenda review, notes from the previous meeting, and announcements (5 min)  
    .
  2. Facilitation Transition Plan (5 min)
    Handout: Transition Plan
    .
    Action:
    • FYI. Gary will discuss with Ed.
      .
  3. Planning of the Nov IT Policy Forum (50 min)
    Topic is: Shaping the Future of IT Policy

    Action:
    • Forum is rescheduled for Nov 13th, 1:00-2:30.
      • Room reserved.
      • Invitation to Bob and to the PAT members updated.
      • Did all this during the meeting!
    • Plan for forum is:
      • 30 min presentation (Ed).
      • 30 min large group discussion (Ed leads).
      • 20 min small group discussion (Communications Subcommittee members will facilitate and take notes)
        • Plan for three or four groups.
        • Each table will have a flip chart page marked in four sections labeled:
          • That's great
          • I'm really concerned about this
          • What's missing
          • Other
        • Have large post it notes and lots of markers at each table (Gary will provide these).
        • Ask people in the group to quickly jot down their reactions on individual post it notes, and place them in the appropriate quadrant.
        • Group decides on one or two to discuss.
        • Take notes.
        • Someone is designated to report back.
      • 10 min report back.
        • Report briefly on what you discussed.
        • Turn in the discussion notes and the flip chart page with the post it notes on it.
    • Will the subcommittee meet again prior to the forum?
      • Talked about this early in the meeting.
      • TBD if we still need to do that.
        .
  4. Next meeting
    • Review Nov forum.
    • Starting discussing topic for February Forum.

PAT Status Summary

PAT Status Summary

Ground Rules

  1. Everyone must be treated respectfully, whether present or not.
  2. Everyone present who wants to speak on a topic must have a chance to speak.
  3. Attend more often than not, and review materials when you can't attend.
  4. Don't be shy, or worry about perception of an idea - we need open borders for these discussions.
  5. Let's park side issues or extensive detail for future work by this team, or others.

Future Agenda Items

  • ...

Meeting Schedule

  • Com Meeting 2019-11-20, Wed, 3:30-4:30, Rm 2281 CS
  • Com Meeting 2019-12-18, Wed, 3:30-4:30, Rm 2281 CS
  • Com Meeting 2020-01-15, Wed, 3:30-4:30, Rm TBD
  • Com Meeting 2020-02-19, Wed, 3:30-4:30, Rm TBD
  • Com Meeting 2020-03-18, Wed, 3:30-4:30, Rm TBD
  • Com Meeting 2020-04-15, Wed, 3:30-4:30, Rm TBD
  • Com Meeting 2020-05-20, Wed, 3:30-4:30, Rm TBD
  • Com Meeting 2020-06-17, Wed, 3:30-4:30, Rm TBD
  • Com Meeting 2020-07-15, Wed, 3:30-4:30, Rm TBD
  • Com Meeting 2020-08-19, Wed, 3:30-4:30, Rm TBD
  • Com Meetings
      
    The Policy Communications Subcommittee meets regularly
    the 3rd Wed, 3:30-4:30, Rm 2281 CS. Exceptions are marked *

Subcommittee Membership


MemberUnitMemberUnitMemberUnit
Sara Tate-PedersonIT PolicyJason Erdmann (co-chair)EducationKim Miller (co-chair)DoIT Comm.
Ed JalinskeIT Policy/SETAMickey NashCybersecurity (SETA)Stefan WaheCALS
Susan WeierL&SDave ParterCS

Attachments

  • No labels