Policy Communications Subcommittee Meeting
Wed, 3:30-4:30, Rm 2281 CS
Attending: _x_ Gary De Clute, _x_ Jason Erdmann(co-chair), __ Ed Jalinske, __ Kim Miller(co-chair), __ Micky Nash, __Dave Parter, __Sara Tate-Pederson, _x_Stefan Wahe, _x_Susan Weier; also attending: _x_Tamara Walker (guest)
- Preliminaries: introductions, agenda review, notes from the
- Planning of the Feb IT Policy Forum (50 min)
Possible topic: Endpoint Management and Security
Reason: Need to develop consensus on the approach to Endpoint Management and Security Policy ASAP in order to have a Proposal approved by the ITC this spring. Will probably issue a provisional policy in May/June time frame. An approved Proposal would provide a good basis for that provisional policy so that it is more likely to match the final policy approved in the fall.
- Topic will be Endpoint Management.
- Set the date and time as February 20, 1:00-2:30 in Rm 159 Education Bldg.
- In Ed's absence, Stefan will be coordinating development of this forum.
- Decided to ask UW-MIST EC if they would be willing to partner with the PAT Communications Subcommittee in developing this forum. Sue Weier, Stefan Wahe, and Gary De Clute will all be attending the next EC meeting, (which is tomorrow.)
- Noted that the policy-related activity under way does not conflict with the activity of the Endpoint Management and Security Project Team (which Tamara is facilitating.) The project team is working on technical and service implementation. It is still necessary to coordinate activity so that the policy and the technical implementation come together at the same time. When tools and service are settled upon, they will be referenced in the policy Implementation Plan, but all details about the tools and the service will be documented elsewhere.
- Policy forum will focus on policy-related issues, and avoid discussion of the technical implementation and tools.
- Next meeting
- Finalize topic and arrangements for February Forum (for Jan meeting)
- What other communications activities, (besides the forums,) should we be working on in the next few months? (Feb meeting)
PAT Status Summary
- Everyone must be treated respectfully, whether present or not.
- Everyone present who wants to speak on a topic must have a chance to speak.
- Attend more often than not, and review materials when you can't attend.
- Don't be shy, or worry about perception of an idea - we need open borders for these discussions.
- Let's park side issues or extensive detail for future work by this team, or others.
Future Agenda Items
- Com Meeting 2019-11-20, Wed, 3:30-4:30, Rm 2281 CS
- Com Meeting 2019-12-18, Wed, 3:30-4:30, Rm 2281 CS
- Com Meeting 2020-01-15, Wed, 3:30-4:30, Rm TBD
- Com Meeting 2020-02-19, Wed, 3:30-4:30, Rm TBD
- Com Meeting 2020-03-18, Wed, 3:30-4:30, Rm TBD
- Com Meeting 2020-04-15, Wed, 3:30-4:30, Rm TBD
- Com Meeting 2020-05-20, Wed, 3:30-4:30, Rm TBD
- Com Meeting 2020-06-17, Wed, 3:30-4:30, Rm TBD
- Com Meeting 2020-07-15, Wed, 3:30-4:30, Rm TBD
- Com Meeting 2020-08-19, Wed, 3:30-4:30, Rm TBD
- Com Meetings
The Policy Communications Subcommittee meets regularly
the 3rd Wed, 3:30-4:30, Rm 2281 CS. Exceptions are marked *
|Sara Tate-Pederson||IT Policy||Jason Erdmann (co-chair)||Education||Kim Miller (co-chair)||DoIT Comm.|
|Ed Jalinske||IT Policy/SETA||Mickey Nash||Cybersecurity (SETA)||Stefan Wahe||CALS|
|Susan Weier||L&S||Dave Parter||CS|
|Dec 06, 2019 10:27|