Ground rules are usually reviewed and approved at the first meeting. An example from the PAT is included here.
- Everyone must be treated respectfully, whether present or not.
- Everyone present who wants to speak on a topic must have a chance to speak.
- Attend more often than not, and review materials when you can't attend.
- Don't be shy, or worry about perception of an idea - we need open borders for these discussions.
- Let's park side issues or extensive detail for future work by this team, or others.
- Discuss intent and meaning, rather than the exact language of documents.