IT Policy Forum, August 6th, 2013
Summary of forum results and requested information
Powerpoint Presentation (includes slides for all items on the agenda)
- Forum discussion results:
- Accessiblity resources: http://www.doit.wisc.edu/accessibility
- KB articles:
- Team wiki's:
- Contact point for web accessiblity: firstname.lastname@example.org. Alternative contact: email@example.com.
- Current encryption policy: http://www.cio.wisc.edu/IEncryptPolicy.pdf.
Bruce Maas (CIO and Vice Provost for Information Technology)
Background: Executive Summary
2. Background and Tools for Web Accessibility [15 min]
Carrie Nelson (Library) and Joyce Tikalsky (Engineering)
Checkpoints for Web Accessibility at the University of Wisconsin-Madison
Creating Accessible Course Materials
3. Small Group Discussion on Web Accessibility
- Discussion [30 min]
1. How is your department addressing the usability of your web presence?
2. What are the perceived barriers to improving accessibility/usability in your unit?
3. How can those barriers be lowered?
- Report back [10 min]
4. Encryption Futures Task Force [20 min]
Carol Gosenheimer (DoIT) and Eric White (Survey Center)
By request at the forum, here is a link to the draft revision of the encryption policy, and a draft of the encryption solutions suggested by the Encryption Futures Task Force for communication to campus until longer-term campus sponsored solutions are released:
5. Closing and evaluations
If you would like to receive invitations to the IT policy forums, send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. This list is used only for forum invitations.
Policy Planning Team