Please report any problems to email@example.com or use our support form. See release notes for more info https://wiki.doit.wisc.edu/confluence/display/ST/Confluence+5.1.5
Protection of Sensitive Information during Transmission (ITransmit)Protection of Sensitive Information during Transmission (ITransmit) is developing recommendations for policy and guidelines that complement and extend the previous initiative that addressed Storage and Encryption of Sensitive Information (IEncrypt).
Tue, Apr 24, 2012, 3:00-4:00, Rm 2147 CS.
- Agenda Review
- Review draft modifications to IEncrypt Policy
Handout: Draft IEncrypt Policy Revisions
Action: See changes to policy.
- Review draft modification to guidelines for faculty, staff and student employees
Handout: Draft guidelines
Action: See changes to guidelines. Not represented in those changes:
- There was considerable discussion about the implied priority among the recommendations.
- It was not sufficiently clear that two or three of the options for transmission encryption might be used by the same user, depending on circumstances.
- It was not sufficiently clear that each option for transmission encryption was intended for a different mix of people, data size, and frequency of communication.
- Should the implied priority of encrption of email messages be moved up (and thus encryption of attachments moved down)?
- Should we present the transmission encryption options as a matrix?
- There is disagreement regarding the scope of the policy and procedures: a) a lot of employees are affected, but significant numbers are not affected, b) nearly all employees are affected, c) we just don't know
- We will continue the discussion next meeting.
- Planning for May 1st IT Policy Forum
Handout: Draft forum agenda
- Who presents policy? guidelines?
- Action: Phil will present the policy and procedures. Gary will mention the guidelines.
- Powerpoint slides?
- Action: TBD. Gary will follow up with Phil.
- Action: We will handout the policy and procedures, but not the guidelines.
- Order of the forum agenda may need to change depending upon availability of other speakers.
- Action: IReport has been moved to the top of the agenda. ITransmit is next.
- There will meetings of the "Encryptio Futures" team, starting in Fall 2012.
- ITransmit Meetings