Please report any problems to the Shared Tools Team at st-help@doit.wisc.edu    Broken Links? Missing Macros? WIKI Retiring Plugins
Child pages
  • SLiM Meeting 2009-04-16
Skip to end of metadata
Go to start of metadata

Previous Meeting | Next Meeting

Shared Licensing Management (SLiM) Meeting

Thursday, April 16th, 3:30-4:30, Rm 3207 CS.

Notes

  1. Agenda review.

  2. Transition to the SLiM Steering Committee:
    • Membership?
      Action: All SLiM Policy Stakeholder Team members are invited to continue. Please let Gary know if you are unable to continue.
      Suggestions for additional members include:
      • WCER,
      • A research academic staff person,
      • Some faculty members who are in administrative roles,
      • Representatives from additional schools and colleges, for example: CALS,
      • A program administator who is involved with technology,
      • Some SC members offered to contact specific persons in some of the categories above.
      • Student input can be received through focus groups run by the CIO's communications department.

    • Who will chair?
      Decision: Paul Oliphant and Phil Saunders will co-chair.
      The chairs will review the meeting agenda prior to publication, run the meetings, represent the team in communications with the sponsors and provide general leadership.

    • Who will facilitate meetings?
      Decision: The facilitator will schedule meetings, draft agendas, take notes, maintain the wiki, etc.
      Gary will continue to facilitate in the short-term until staff resources for SLiM are identified.

    • Draft of charter (handout)
      Action: Several SC members offered to contact possible additional sponsors.
      Gary will update the charter with changes discussed at the meeting and it will be available on the wiki for SC members to review. See revised charter.

  3. Discussion topics from "Next Steps" of the March 12th meeting with the CIO:

    • Status of obtaining staff resources for the effort.
      Action: Waiting for DoIT budget approval. We should know in April or May. There is optimism (but no guarantee) that staff resources for SLiM can be funded.

    • Possible meeting of the steering committee with A&E, (the vendor that has offered to assist Business School, CALS and Engineering with a pilot software inventory).
      Action: Cathy O'Bryan will discuss this with John Krogman, who is the DoIT contact with A&E.

    • The effort should first be on the highest priority recommendations. Initially most of the effort should be on the top two. The third will be given some effort for now. The remaining two will be tabled until resources are available..
      Decision: Form subcommittees from the steering committee membership to foster each of the five recommendations in the charter. Here are the initial membership and action items for the three subcommittees aligned with the three top priority recommendations:

      • Communications plan and creating user communities.
        Action: A subcommittee consisting of Cathy O'Bryan, Jeff Shokler and Lori Voss will draft a communications plan as the first step towards creation of user communities.
        The plan will be available for discussion at the next meeting.

      • What information should go into the inventory?
        Action: A subcommittee consisting of Brian Kishter, Yvonne Nagel, Paul Oliphant, John Staley, Beth Weibusch and someone from CALS (if possible) will consider what information is needed for success and what additional information is desirable as practical.
        The subcommittee will report their progress at the next meeting.

      • "Build the infrastructure and they will come."
        Action: A subcommittee initially consisting of Paul Oliphant and John Staley will start to consider issues related to infrastructure.
        They will share thier thoughts at the next meeting.

  4. Other?
    • Meeting schedule.
      Decision: The SC will meet monthly (every four weeks) at the same time slot.
      Action: Gary will schedule several months forward.
      Enrollment Management and Business School have offered to host meetings. Next meeting will be at EM.

    • Future agenda items.
      Action: Include reports from the three subcommittees described above.

Future meetings:

  • SLiM SC Meeting 2009-05-14, 3:30-4:30, Rm 10302, 333 East Campus Mall (directions).
  • SLiM SC Meeting 2009-06-11, 3:30-4:30, 5121 Grainger Hall.
  • SLiM SC Meeting 2009-07-09, 3:30-4:30, location TBD.
  • SLiM SC Meeting 2009-08-06, 3:30-4:30, location TBD.
  • SLiM SC Meeting 2009-09-03, 3:30-4:30, location TBD.
  • SLiM SC Meeting 2009-10-01, 3:30-4:30, location TBD.
  • SLiM SC Meeting 2009-11-12, 3:30-4:30, location TBD.
  • SLiM SC Meeting 2009-12-10, 3:30-4:30, location TBD.
  • SLiM SC Meeting 2010-01-21, 3:30-4:30, location TBD.
  File Modified
Microsoft Word 97 Document SLiM_Recommendations-2009-03-12a(Final).rtf Final SLiM Recommendations (RTF) Apr 16, 2009 by GARY W DECLUTE

Previous Meeting | Next Meeting

contact

  • No labels